WHAT IS VENOUS ABLATION?
Ablations means removal of body tissue with surgical procedure.
Venous ablation is a procedure for the treatment of venous reflux in legs using diathermy or laser equipment.
Endovenous ablation is a strategy to close off varicose veins. Endovenous means that the method is done inside the vein. Ablation means a specialist uses heat to harm and close off the vein. Varicose veins are twisted, extended veins close to the outside of the skin.
Your primary care physician will place a needle and wire into the vein.
IS VEINOUS ABLATION IS PAINFUL?
It is safe to say that you are worried about your varicose vein treatment technique. It is safe to say that you are anxious about the possibility that it will harm or cause pain? Or then again would you say you fear the results of the varicose vein treatment?
It’s possible that you’ve been told varicose vein treatments are invasive or that they include a medical procedure. Quite a while in the past, that would have been true.
However, current medication has made considerable progress over the most recent few years. Presently, we have various non-surgical minimally invasive techniques that cause minimal pain or distress. Mostly these treatments are directed on an outpatient so you can even resume all your everyday activities after the treatment without facing any problem.
SOME COMMON CONDITIONS IN WHICH VENOUS ABLTAION IS USED:
Doctor use this technique for cosmetic purposes but most commonly it is used to relieve symptoms such as:
- Heaviness in legs or fatigue.
- Swelling in legs due to vericose veins.
- Ulcers or sores or skin irritation.
- Discoloration of skin
- Phlebitis which is painful swelling of the veins.
- Throbbing pain in legs.
HOW DOES THE PROCEDURE WORK?
Your doctor uses ultrasound to see the vein. A fiber or electrode is moved to the ideal area inside the vein through a little incision. Local anesthesia is infused into the tissues around the vein to fall the vein around the fiber or electrode and act as an insulation for the energy’s heat. The energy gives heat to the vessel and makes it close. After the procedure, the faulty vein will shrink and make a scar there.
BENEFITS OF VENOUS ABLATIONS:
- Causes just gentle discomfort and little bit pain because the technique is performed under local anesthesia.
- Laser vein ablation takes approximately an hour.
- You can continue your activities of daily living after the treatment.
- No surgical incision is essential—just a little nick in the skin that does not need to stitch.
- When compared with traditional vein stripping procedures, ablation is more powerful, has less complications, and is related with significantly less pain during the procedure.
- Ablation is safe and free from complexities.
- This method leaves practically no scars because catheter position requires little skin openings, not large incisions.
- Ablation is less invasive than other medical procedures.
- Most patients report symptom relief and can get back to normal day by day activities immediately with less pain. .
If you are searching a good cardiologist for your procedure of venous ablations you can visit DFW Physicians and Medical Associates. They are doing perfect work in this field.